Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Celebrate Myself..

Celebrating yourself is about the way you appreciate everything you have to offer. In today’s society it’s hard for people to do that. Many are scared of the judgment and disapproval that comes with expressing who they truly are to the world. There is a set of social norms the world seems to follow and it makes our society conformed. Thoreau expresses his thoughts about the way our society is set up and how conformed we are in his many different works. He encourages us to “meet” our lives and live fully. We need to come out of our scared little shells and blossom into the people we truly are. We need to break the rules and rebel against the norms. There’s nothing wrong with being different, and there is no such thing as being normal. We need to go out and experience the world the way Emerson, Thoreau, and everyone else in the transcendentalist period. We need to become one with our inner self and let that be who we show on the outside. That’s the only way we could truly become free in today’s trapped society. There is no point in life if one can’t truly live theirs.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think that you truly celebrate yourself or that, like most of society, you can't because of the way our society judges people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aspire to express myself freely but I do still have that anxious feeling that someone is going to judge me which makes me reserve myself as much as I do .

      Delete